In this article, we will discuss the Top 10 Safe Fruits For Dogs.
Have you always wondered what to give your dogs to eat other than chicken? Always wanting to share other food with your dog when your dog looks at you with its adorable eyes?
Well, I have just the solution for you! You can give your dogs these 10 safe fruits for them to enjoy it with you too.
1. Apples – they are a great source of vitamin A and C. Apples are able to aid in your dog’s digestive system due to it’s high fiber and antioxidants. Be sure not to feed them the seeds as it is harmful for your dogs.
2. Bananas – they are packed with vitamin C, B6 and potassium! Potassium supports healthy kidney, heart and muscle function, making it a great treat compared to salty and fatty food.
3. Blackberries – they are a great source of antioxidants and omega-3s. They help in supporting your dog’s immune system since they are high in antioxidants! They also promote healthy skin and coats.
4. Blueberries – they are also known as a ‘superfood’ due to its high amounts of antioxidants, vitamin C, phytochemicals and fiber. It helps support enzyme function and blood coagulation as well.
5. Cantaloupes – it is loaded with many different vitamins and nutrients, including Vitamin A and Potassium that supports immune function, skin and eyes. It is also mainly water so it’s a great way to hydrate your dogs.
6. Cranberries – they are low in calories and rich in antioxidants, they are also high in Vitamin C and Potassium.
7. Kiwi- they contain more potassium than a banana and vitamin c than an orange, it is one of the best fruits you could give to your dog. It is also very tasty! Do take note not to feed the whole kiwi as it contains lots of sugar.
8. Pear – they are filled with vitamin C, A and fiber. However, the seeds of pear contain cyanide which is extremely dangerous since it is poisonous for dogs so make sure not give your dogs the seeds or stems.
9. Orange- they aid in boosting your dog’s immune system and are packed with vitamin C.
10. Watermelon – they are full of healthy nutrients including vitamin A, B6, C and potassium.
In conclusion, these are the top 10 safe fruits that you can give your dogs when they tend to look at you with eyes that ask for food. You can substitute your treats with some fruits that will be very beneficial for your dogs.
Do take note: To avoid negative side effects from the high sugar content some fruits have. 90% of your dog’s diet should continue to be your dog food and 10% can come from fruits and treats.